Our next two day intensive course is on the 14th and 15th March. We typically only allow a handful of people per group, simply so as we can adapt the workshop to the learner(s)/children within the group.
The workshop will be at the Ebbisham Centre from 10-3/3.30 on the Wednesday and 9.30 – 3/3.30 on the Thursday. There is then a follow up call/coffee/meeting 4-8 weeks later which is individual with you and me/us for around an hour. The cost for the course is £195 for the two days and includes your training manual which you will keep as your programme guide/recommendations for your child/learner/pupil.
The workshop will cover a range of topics from:
- The different areas of learning, verbal operants and how to use these to teach communication and language
- How to set targets for your child’s programme and how to move your recommendations forwards
- Different types of communication and language forms and when to use which form, and why
- teaching procedures used in Behaviour Analaysis programmes and teaching techniques such as errorless teaching, prompting and fading prompts
- what is reinforcement? Defining reinforcement and the importance of reinforcement
- Types of reinforcement and reinforcers
- How to identify reinforcers
- How to establish new reinforcers
- Different schedules of reinforcement and how to make them more powerful
- Gaining instructional control
- Understanding problem behaviour in different environments
- What is behaviour and how to define it
- Possible functions of the behaviour (reasons for it)
- What is the point of data, what should we take and why?
- Different behavioural interventions
On the 23rd and 24th May we are running a two day workshop on:
Teaching your early learner
This focuses on teaching a child/learner early language, play, social and academic skills
On the 4th and 5th July we are running a two day workshop on:
Teaching your intermediate learner
This focuses on teaching a child/learner who has basic requesting skills, conversation skills, more advanced convseration, play, social and academic skills
On the 26th and 27th September we are running a two day workshop on:
Teaching your advanced learner
This focuses on teaching a child/learner who has basic conversation skills, reciprocal and meaningful conversation, advanced social skills, more independent play skills, story-telling and much more.
For more information on any of these courses, do pop us an email to ask any questions or to book your place.
Louise and team