Proactive Parenting – science and the bible combined
Who is it for?
Churches and families striving to raise their families according to biblical principles, using the most recent research from the field of behaviour analysis and psychology. This workshop is designed for children of all ages, but in particular for those in between 2 and 10 years old.
Do you ever ask yourself the following questions?
- How can I teach my child to respect and comply without provoking him to anger?
- Sometimes I just don’t see my children as a gift from God and we struggle
- How can I raise my children in the world in which we live yet be pleasing to God?
- How can I get my toddler to do what I ask?
- How on earth do I Train a child in the way he should go?
- Where did my eight-year-old’s attitude come from?
- How can I make our home more harmonious?
- How can I teach us all to communicate better?
- How on earth did we get to this place?
- How do I be a good parent and spouse at the same time?
- My family is broken – how can I provide the spiritual haven for my children?
Raising children in today’s world can feel like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle. You labour for years to put the right pieces of your children’s lives together without having an instruction manual or knowing what the picture on the box is. Raising children is the greatest thing you will ever do but is hard work, especially for parents with a relationship with God living in our modern day world. From this workshop you will develop have a plan for parenting that works. Applying the best instruction manual there is: the bible, with the most recent empirically validated research to building your home.
What you will learn:
The TWO DAY or six session workshop will include in depth sessions on:
- Grace, Grace and more grace please!
- Focusing on the Bible as your standard
- Training your children up in the way of the Lord
- Loving your children and showing love in a way they will understand
- Teaching more effective communication (from non verbal through to our more articulate children)
- Training and disciplining
- The functions of your child’s behaviour
- teaching appropriate alternative behaviours
- dealing with inappropriate behaviours in that moment (even when in public!)
- Getting your child to willingly comply with your instruction
- Teaching motivation
- Boundaries and routine – establishing limites
- Assuming responsibility.
- Leading children to love and obey God.
- When to start!
- How to have more fun
We will give you a brief overview of the different operants and functions of language, and those which may need to be taught a little more intensively in order for your child’s conversation to come along. We will also teach you the key components to reinforcing your children so as they continue to engage in the appropriate behaviours.
There are role plays and specific Q and A sessions. If you have concerns about your child(ren) in regards to their development, these can also be addressed.
To attend a workshop or host one in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our informational training for church teams will be presented by the founder of Verbal Behaviour Consultants. The information sessions run for two hour durations and are absolutely free. Your team will be taught:
- What we need to know about developmental delays, autism and acquired brain injury
- Recent developments in the field of behaviour analysis and psychology
- How we can best teach our children with additional needs at Sunday school
- Which group should our children be in?
- How to deal with inappropriate behaviour in a biblical way
- How to include our children with additional needs
- How to motivate our children with additional needs
- How to support our families affected by additional needs
- Plenty of questions and answers
- How to become ready to open our arms and churches to all of our children and families
To host a session in your area, please contact us at email@example.com